Sunday, September 9, 2007
Week #1
I made it through my first week of school. I must say...I loved it! I am in class from 8:00 to 4:00 most days. My school only has 2 class rooms, so my entire class of 150 stay in the same seats from 8:00 to 11:30, with five-minute breaks in between. From 12:00-4:00 we are in labs. Needless to say it keeps me out of trouble. I have been surprised at how much info we have learned in only the first week. We got all of our equipment and are already learning techniques that we will be using in our practices! It is all very exciting. I was amazed at the amount of books and equipment we got. I had to take them all out on carts to get them to the car! The xterra could barlely handle the load! ;) Bill and Bev were here this week, and I have posted some pictures of Bill helping me with my retinoscopy. I use the cool retinoscope to look through varying lenses in front of a fake eye. The idea so far is to be able to tell what lenses are there based only on what I see the light doing that reflects off the fake eye. I think it's cool. It has been nice to get help from a true pro like Bill! I posted a picture of a portion of my equipment. A trial lens kit with tons of different powered lenses and a diagnostic kit with an opthalmoscope, retinoscope, and transilluminator. It's all very exciting! I will post more soon. OUT. ADAM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
WOW! Look at all those tools. I guess you do need to go to school for 4 years. -jamie
Cool...pretty nice poker chip set ya got there!! Ha, Ha!
Post a Comment