Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Baby Drauma

Will we ever find out the gender of this baby??? I am now more than half-way through this pregnancy (21 weeks) and still don't know if we are having a boy or girl! Here is the story. I will apologize in advance, this will not be a happy post! When we moved to Tennessee I was a little over 17 weeks along. It is hard enough to uproot in the middle of a pregnancy and change insurance. But, then I discovered after about 20 calls and 3 hours on the phone that doctors here do not take new patients who are past 15 weeks along!!! Has anyone every heard of this before? Despite my begging, pleading, explaining the situation, and of course lots of crying (I am pregnant - we get to cry if we want :) NO doctor in our area would take me!!! I am still totally in shock that anyone would do that. Anyway, I won't go into all of the details, but I did finally find a doctor about 20 min from our home that will see me. It is further than I would like to go for appointments and I am just hoping the doctor is good because I don't have any recommendation, but the biggest downside is the fact that I will deliver at a hospital a few blocks from Adam's school in downtown Memphis. It will be quite a culture shock from delivering at Logan Regional to delivering in Downtown Memphis, but I think we will survive. I have actually felt peace about the whole thing now that I have calmed down, and I know the Lord will watch out for me and this baby. So anyway, my appointment is still 2 1/2 weeks away and at that appointment I will schedule my ultrasound. I think we probably won't get to see this baby and find out the gender until mid to late October. As soon as I know an actual date I will let you know. In the meantime does anyone want to venture a guess? I have probably told you all that I am sure it is a boy, but I was sure Cameron was a girl...so who really knows.

Okay, now onto a happier subject. My parents were here visiting this weekend and we had such a great time! It was wonderful to spend time with them. They helped with a bunch of little projects around the house and Cameron just adores them. He has been wandering around the house calling for Grandma and Grandpa since they left. While they were here we took them into downtown to eat at our favorite place and we took them along to a Southern College of Optometry LDS Student BBQ. All the students were very excited to meet a retired optometrist. It was such a fun weekend and we miss them already!!



4 comments:

Erica said...

How crazy that they wouldn't accept you! What do they expect you to do, have a homebirth? I'm guessing boy. I can't imagine anything better than having 2 little boys ;) (Okay, maybe 3 is better!)

Marcia said...

I'm guessing a boy too, they don't come any cuter than that Cameron, so let's keep adding to the lot! I'm so thankful you did finally find a doctor - that's CRAZY

Anonymous said...

That is one crazy story. What do they expect people to do?

Eric and Rachel said...

I'm glad you were able to finally find someone. It will all work out and I'm glad you're at peace. You know my vote...A BOY! Looks like Adam is having lots of fun. Keep updating the blog! :)