Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!! We have been having so much fun with Adam home, I haven't had time to even post some pictures from Christmas, so here I go...

We had such a great Christmas here in Memphis! We missed family and friends, but still enjoyed it very much. We had an awesome Christmas Eve dinner of steak, potatoes, and veggies (thanks to my brother and sister-in-law's awesome gift box from Omaha Steaks). It was my first Christmas meal (I felt so grown up! :) so I decorated and set the table nice and everything. Christmas morning we enjoyed sleeping in a little and then after a breakfast of Eggs Benedict (Yummy!), we had a great time opening gifts. We all got very spoiled and it was fun watching Cameron's excitement over his gifts. After opening each gift all he wanted to do was play with what was inside, so it took some time to get through them all! He was so cute to yell "thank you" after each of the gifts. Sometimes he even says, "thank you, your welcome!" Having a toddler just makes everything more fun! Anyway, here are a few pictures of our Christmas...
Our fancy Christmas dinner! :)
Boy are we spoiled, or what?!
How cute is he - he got these pj's a long time ago as a gift, but they finally fit and we thought they made great Christmas pj's!

Pure JOY!!

Now, we can hardly believe 2007 is over! It was a big year for our family including Adam's graduation, the big decision of what school to attend, moving twice, deciding to expand our little family...Looking back, we can't believe how absolutely blessed we have been. We have felt the guiding hand of the Lord so much this past year. Through all the big decisions and changes we have felt such peace in knowing we are where we belong. We have been so happy living here in Memphis with a great ward, great neighbors, and great friends! Life is so good!

We rang in the New Year by playing games with a great group of friends. The party didn't exactly go to midnight - actually it was over by 9:00 (we all have kids! :), but we laughed a ton and had a great time. We got together again this morning for the traditional trip to I-Hop (my family has always gone out for breakfast together on New Years). What a great way to welcome in another year! I just know it is going to be another great one!! We hope the new year finds you all as happy and blessed as we are!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

OH he looks so cute and grown up I can't belive it!! Christmas is so much more fun with kids huh??

Anonymous said...

It was great to get your Christmas update. You've had a great 2007 year and I look forward to you adding your girl in 2008. Keep up the great blogs and let me know when your cute addition finally arrives!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys- WOW, did Grandpa and Grandma Rudd hearts light like a bight summer day over your comments and the pictures of Buddy. Thanks do much for sharing!! I need to own the pure joy picture....please! Mom Rudd

Karen said...

I LOVE those pictures of Cameron. And your little Christmas looks fun! PS. WAY TO GO ADAM!