Thursday, January 3, 2008
Okay, let the countdown begin...
It has been so interesting to see the differences between this pregnancy and our first. I have been just as excited about this baby, but for some reason I think I was in denial about how close we were getting. With Cameron, the nursery and all the fun baby stuff was ready months in advance! With this baby I kept thinking we had plenty of time. I have been contracting with this pregnancy for a month or so, but for the past few weeks they have started coming stronger and more often. Then we started talking with the doctor about induction (for medical reasons my doctor would really like to induce me instead of letting me go into labor on my own), my mom and I started talking about flights and how quickly they could be here, I started thinking about Cameron and where we can take him if my parents aren't here yet...Anyway, I basically realized I was not even close to ready!! So, all of a sudden I went into panic-nesting mode. Poor Adam has been dealing with a crazy and very pregnant wife! But, thanks to his help, we have gotten so much done! The nursery is pretty much ready, her clothes are clean and put away, and we have a few friends lined up to babysit if we need it! There is still lots more on my "to do before the baby comes" list - seriously you should see how long it is, did I think this baby would just never come? But, I will just keep working on it and maybe some of it will have to wait until after. Well, here goes...despite all of all the panic, I am really looking forward to meeting our baby girl! We will keep you updated as it gets closer!
P.S. I have decided to make the writing on the blog pink this month in honor of our baby girl's birthday - whenever that may be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment