We just got home from the doctor, so I will do a quick report. For any guys reading this, you may not want to read the details - just skip ahead a little! :) Apparently, the contractions I have been having aren't doing as much as they feel like they are. I am only dialated to a 1+, and a little thinned. This is actually good news, because like I said before my doctor and I would both prefer an induction. We talked more about it today and he was so great to work with us and our schedule. He would be inducing for medical reasons, but was totally willing to consider our needs with Adam's schooling, etc. So, we have scheduled an induction for Friday, January 18th. The doctor doesn't seem to think I will make it that long, but we are really hoping I will. That way my parents could be here to help with Cameron, and Adam would only have to miss one day of school but would be able to be with us all weekend. So, although I feel great and have actually had tons of energy I think I will try to take it easy for the next few weeks hoping that will hold her off until the 18th. I know these things don't always go as planned, but it sure would be nice if it did! :) Anyway, there you go. That makes our actual countdown 14 days. Wow, I better get back to my "to do" list! :)
P.S. I was also excited when the doctor asked how big Cameron was (7lbs 3oz) and then said he really didn't think she was going to be that big. Not that 7lbs 3oz is that big, but I'm sure my body wouldn't mind her being a little smaller! :)
6 comments:
Yay for January 18th! That sounds like a great day. I know that she will cooperate with you. :) You will get through your to do list and everything will be perfect for her arrival. I'm just so excited for you guys. Don't forget that you need to call me when she does arrive...no matter the time of day! :) Love ya!
I know I haven't seen you guys much in so long, but I'm so excited for you! I hope your little girl cooperates with you! Congratulations again!
P.S. I would love to see pics of your nursery. The rest of your house is so cute, I can only imagine how cute it is.
Fun stuff.. Jakes birthday is on the 17th.. he was due the 19th but came just a little early. It will be fun to have babies so close together! Good luck you guys!
Oh, for goodness sakes! I had no idea you were having your baby so soon! I don't know why I'm so clueless. January 18th sounds like a great birthday, and I'm so excited to see her. Good luck, and keep us posted with all your appointments.
oh my goodness...I'm so excited for you! Yes, you should post pics of the nursery, I'd love to see too, I'm sure it's stinkin cute! Good luck with everything, I've been thinking about you guys tons. Hi to Adam and kisses to Cam.
Post a Comment