Monday, January 7, 2008

Great Date Night

Adam and I had the best date night on Saturday. One of my pregnancy cravings has been onion rings (pretty funny since at one time I hated them). So, I got online and found a recipe and we made incredibly delicious homemade onion rings, grilled some burgers, and had Stewart's Cream Soda!! Then we put Cameron to bed and watched a movie together (Adam even let me get a romantic one!) It was the classic dinner and a movie except the food was better (and a whole lot less expensive), and the big pregnant lady was comfy laying in bed for the movie. Plus, we didn't even need a babysitter! Having Adam home for the past 2 1/2 weeks has been so much fun! Cameron and I are both going through withdrawals today. The first thing Cameron did this morning was walk all through the house yelling, "Daddy, where are you?" It just about broke my heart! Anyway, here is a picture of our classic drive-in meal - we were so proud, we just had to take a picture!


Oh, this weekend we also took a tour of the hospital where I will deliver - Methodist Germantown. We were very happy with what we saw. It took us almost 40 minutes to get there (a big change from the 2 minutes it took us in Logan), but everything was very nice. They even do the meals for mom "room service" style. Instead of regular meals, you get to call in whenever and order what you want. Pretty cool. They even do a special "stork meal" for both the parents one night - your choice of shrimp or filet mignon (Adam was pretty excited about this one!). And, one other perk that we didn't have the first time around is a bed for Adam to sleep in! It is just a pull out sofa, but it is better than the chair he slept in when Cameron was born! One thing that was pretty funny was the nurses face when I asked if my son coming to visit would be an exception to the no visitors under 2 yrs old rule. She looked completely shocked and said, "You have a baby under 2? Twins!" I can just imagine what she would have said if I told her we planned it that way!! :) I'm pretty sure no one would have been shocked in Utah. Anyway, we are looking forward to the 18th! I still haven't reached the "terribly uncomfortable" part of the pregnancy and am surprisingly still feeling really good. I am huge so nothing is really all that comfortable, but I have no complaints! Hopefully I'll feel this great right up to the big day - only 11 more days!!

P.S. I have had a few requests to see pictures of the nursery, so I will get some taken and posted in the next few days!

3 comments:

Jason said...

By the way I need that recipe very badly for the onion rings. Thanks again for dinner on Sunday!

Kel said...

That looks great. The only thing I have been craving this time around is pretzels - the kind you get at the mall. Weird. I am excited for your little girl, they are great! I may need some tips on little boys though.

Karen said...

I'm impressed! Looks yummy but this is coming from someone who would love a live in Chef. I want to wake up to the food already prepared.