Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Girl in a HURRY!

Brooklyn RuddJanuary 18, 2008, 9:38 am7 lbs 1 oz, 20 in
Hello everyone! We just made it home from the hospital and Brooklyn and I are doing great. Here is the report of our wonderful and crazy weekend...

We checked into the hospital at 5:30 am, signed all the paperwork, got all settled, and they started my iv of antibiotics and fluids at 6:30. The doctor decided to go ahead and start pitocin and break my water at 7:30. He said that they would do another round of antibiotics at 10:00 and then she may be ready to deliver by lunch time. :) When he broke my water he said I was between a 3-4. I was surprised that I didn't start contracting until about 8:10 or so. At about 10 to nine I decided that the contractions were strong enough for me and asked if we could start preparing me for the epidural. I joked about being a big baby and honestly, the contractions were still "bearable" (Now for those boys reading this - don't think that means they didn't hurt really bad! :), but as long as I was getting an epidural, why deal with the pain, right? So, they got me ready and the anesthesiologist came in at about 9:10. They sat me up to do the epidural and the contractions got a little stronger. I remember commenting to Adam that even though I said I might want to try a delivery without an epidural some day, I didn't! Anyway, they got the epidural inserted, but hadn't hooked it to the pump with the drugs yet, when I started feeling the urge to push. The nurse checked me, did the much feared shocked face, and called for the doctor! I was completely dialated and her head was crowning! The anesthesiologist gave me a small "test dose" (the amount they start off with to make sure your body reacts okay) and apologized profusely! The doctor ran in and told me it was time to start pushing. I was terrified! We laugh now, because the last thing I did was look at Adam and say, "I don't want to feel this!!" My sweet doctor just said, "I know honey, but once you get her out the pain will go away." So, 3 pushes later - she was here! My legs started to tingle about 5 minutes after she arrived - so at least the "test dose" took the edge off while the doctor did one little stitch. :) Wow, talk about a crazy experience! Now that it is over, I can say that I am glad to have had the chance to have a "natural" delivery! (How can they even say that - nothing about delivering a baby feels "natural"!) I am pretty proud to say I survived! From first contraction to delivery was only about 1 hr and 20 min and after all that I didn't even end up with one full round of antibiotics! Luckily though, Brooklyn has a clean bill of health, and I feel fantastic! I don't know if it was the short delivery or no episiotomy, or probably both, but this recovery has been great!

Here are some more pictures of our sweet little Brooklyn...
 
 
Anyway, we are thrilled to have our beautiful little girl here and Cameron is so excited about his "baby sister!" What a great weekend!

20 comments:

Chelsea said...

congrats I'm so excited for you both she is beautiful and I'm glad all went well!

Erica said...

Congratulations Tiffany and Adam! Welcome to Brooklyn! She is beautiful. What a crazy experience. I wish my labors were fast like that, mine keep getting longer :(. What a wonderful blessing, 2 kids! Good luck, try to get some sleep.

Marrelli's said...

Welcome Brooklyn! We love you and can't wait to meet you! Tiif glad everything went so smoothly! Wel love you all so much and are so happy for you. Give Cameron and Brooklyn a kiss for us and we hope to see you guys sooner then later! Love you-Love Ryan, Holly and Sydney

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

YEAH!!! She is absolutely darling! You look great too. Congrats to you and your beautiful family. Wish we were there to share it with you and celebrate. Know that we love you and are just so excited for you to have a girly girl! It's so fun, Addy started to crawl yesterday:). Welcome little Brooklyn!!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet. You can see a lot of Cameron in her. Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about life with a little baby girl! You also look amazing Tiff and I'm glad things went well for you in the delivery, planned or not! :) Look forward to seeing you all in June...I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hey Adam, I'm so glad I got your blog!! Congrats on your little girl, that is so exciting! Sounds like your wife had a pretty easy labor, not like any labor is easy, but it sounds like it went really well!!

Melissa and Nate said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly (and fast)! And how fair is it that you look that good right after delivering?! You are one amazing woman Tiff!

The Willson Family said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations ... and what an awesome story! I'm glad it went well for you all :)

THE BLAIRS said...

Hey,guys! Congratulations! Brooklyn is so cute! i cant wait to come over and see her.. you'll have to call me sometime and tell me when is a good time you are up for visitors. Candice wants to come see too! rest up!

Eric and Brynn said...

Congrats Rudds! How exciting to have a little bundle of joy! I am glad every thing went well and way to go Tiff with the "natural" birth.

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and Grandma Rudd say our little Brooklyn is oh....so beautiful!!! Mom looks so beautiful also. So thrilled for you all.

Brooke said...

Oh yea!! She is so sweet!! When I saw the pics I thought she definatly looks a lot like Cameron!! Such cute kids!! We hope to meet her soon!! CONGRATS!!!

Ambler Fam said...

Congrats guys we are so excited for you! She is beautiful. It was so much fun to see the pics. You guys look great. Have fun this week! Way to go!

Jana said...

Brooklyn is so cute, she looks so much like Cameron! I am in awe that you just had a baby and looked like you were all dressed and ready to go out to a photo shoot, Tiffany! Next time I'm in labor, I'm not going to the hospital until my hair is done. You look incredible!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! She is a doll!
The Ohio Pace's

C C & R said...

Congratulations Adam & Tiff! She is beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well for you.

The Coleman Family said...

Congrats on the new little girl!!!
SHE is so cute!!
cant wait to meet her!!!
congrats again!
love
kaleigh
p.s. get lots of sleep!

Moosman Fam said...

Congrats Rudd Family! We can't wait to meet little Brookly! She looks so cute! TIff, thumbs up on the natural delivery! You go girl!

Brooke Jackson said...

CONGRATS. She is beautiful. I can't believe you did it without an epidural :0 way to go!