It is raining outside today and I am feeling yucky with a cold, so I needed something quiet to do with Cameron indoors. As I was looking through my preschool/craft boxes upstairs, I found this fun craft idea my sister gave me the instructions and stuff for. I think the idea originally came from Family Fun (I love this magazine!). Anyway, you just take clear con-tact paper and tape it to the wall sticky side out. I taped a big piece to the end of our kitchen cabinets and then Cameron and I went on a hunt for things to stick to it! He found some pretty great stuff - cough drop wrappers, a candy wrapper (of course he just had to eat the candy first :), feathers, post-it note paper, packing peanuts, etc. Then we looked through old magazines and he told me which pictures he wanted me to cut out. His dad will be very proud to see the things he chose - a car, motorcycles, a watch, etc. He even pointed to an advertisement and asked me to cut out "the letters" - I laughed and then cut out the words he was pointing to. I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture, but they say "DA MAN"! :) We had such a great time and Cameron just loved it! He kept finding new things to stick to it all morning and even loved taking the stuff off and putting it back on again! If you are a mom of a toddler, you definitely need to give this one a try! Thanks Deb for the great idea! :)
11 comments:
What a cute mom you are! Great idea!
Cute project! Even cuter is the proud little boy standing next to it with a very accomplished grin on his face. Good job Tiff!
fun idea!
That is a great idea, and so easy! I will have to file that one away...
I can't belive that cute little boy and how grown up he looks!! How fun!!
Awesome Blog kids! Cute babies.
fun! We will give it a try.
This is such a fun idea. I currently have 2 2yr olds and a 4 yr old daily. this will be great as it is supposed to rain or snow again next week. thanks. Aunt Susan
That is a great idea. We will have to give it a try.
Thanks for the great idea! I'm always looking for something to keep tabs on Daisy, she is never in the same place for longer than 2 seconds! Lately, it's been quite windy and awful outside and it triggers her allergies so we've been stuck indoors as well. P.S. Not that you don't know this already, but your kids are stinkin cute!
I love your posts! I will definitely be referring to them again (and probably calling you) when we have kids! I want to be like you are (or try to be he he). I took a lot of early childhood classes/human development, etc. and you are totally doing a lot of what we learned. Love it!
Post a Comment