Where Were You?
20 Years Ago: I was almost 6 and in Kindergarten at Orchard. How sad is it that I can't even remember my teachers name? I remember liking her a lot, but apparently not enough. I used to walk to school with my brother Aj and Tamara Silver. Tamara and I were also little league cheerleaders about this time and I remember practicing our moves in the middle of the street between our houses. That couldn't have been too safe...I guess I am lucky just to be alive! :)
10 Years Ago: Almost 16!! I had absolutely no desire to drive (I still don't enjoy it), but I was definitely boy crazy. I had already had my first kiss, and been "together" with and "broken up" with Adam once - Oh dear, I hope Brooklyn never reads this!! :) I think about this time I was flirting with both Adam and his best friend Adam Mills at the same time - that wasn't very nice, was it? They used to ride their bikes to my house - even when it was freezing weather. I didn't find out until later, but they used to have "challenges" where they would ride back home in the snow with only their boxers on! The weekend of my sixteenth birthday Adam Mills to me on my first date, and a few months later when my future husband Adam turned sixteen, I took him on his first date! Good times! :)
5 Years Ago: "Utah State, Hey, Aggies All the Way!!" I was just about to graduate from USU and I think had already been offered my first teaching job - 3rd grade at Summit Elementary. I was having a blast coaching figure skating at good old Eccles Ice Center, dating, and of course waiting for Adam on his mission. I remember being pretty scared...I was terrified that Adam wouldn't like me anymore after his mission, and I felt totally unprepared to have my own classroom of 30 kids! Luckily, both turned out great!! Adam and I went ring shopping two days after he got home, we were engaged two weeks later, married two months later, and I absolutely loved teaching!!
3 Years Ago: I was finishing up my second year of teaching, absolutely loving married life, and getting baby hungry. Adam and I were also planning our trip to Russia that June. It was such a great trip! For those of you who don't know the story...not long after Adam came back from his mission in Russia, my parents were called to the exact same mission. We saved every penny we could for the first two years of our marriage so that we could go "pick them up". We spent almost a month traveling around Russia - Rostov, Volgograd, St. Petersburg, Moscow. I was incredible! I'm pretty sure Cameron joined us in St. Petersburg, so we got some great news when we got home!
So Far This Year: It has been a busy year for us already. Adam is kicking butt in his first year of optometry school and I am keeping busy with two kids. When I think back like this, it seems like just yesterday I was about to turn sixteen - how is it possible that I am married with two kids? Anyway, life is fantastic. I love living in Memphis and I feel so lucky to have a fantastic husband and two absolutely wonderful kids! It is fixin' to be another great year!!
Yesterday: For me, yesterday was a pretty awesome day! We have been stuck at home this week doing the potty training thing, so I just hung out all day with my kids. Cameron and I played with bl
ocks, puzzles, and playdough. We were coloring when Cameron decided he didn't want to color on paper anymore and started taking off his shirt. So, I put him is the tub and let him go crazy with the washable markers. He had a great time coloring his tummy, arms, and even the bottoms of his feet. He also enjoyed the bath afterward to get clean. Brooklyn is such an easy baby she just follows Cameron and I around smiling whenever I even look at her and laughing when Cameron screams "peek-a-boo" in her face. An noon we went though the messy crazyness that is getting two kids fed and in bed, followed by two blissful hours of quiet. After I did some laundry and took little nap of my own, Cameron woke up and we played a game of "tag" - i.e. I chase Cameron around the house. Then, we raced around picking up toys and doing a little cleaning so it would look like we had been very busy when Adam came home - boy did we fool him! :) The best part of the day was that my big boy was "cean (clean) and dry" all day - No accidents!! So far, he is doing great at this potty training thing - way to go Cameron!!! Okay, so maybe not too exciting of a day, and it involved a lot more "work" than it sounds like...but I still think being a stay-at-home mom is the greatest job ever!
and spending time as a family. Cameron had another good potty training day. And, between sessions of conference I cut Adam's hair all by myself!! We were both pretty scared, but it actually turned out really good! We have been so spoiled with his mom cutting his hair for free, we just couldn't stand spending money on it every month! Hey, maybe I should start charging for this! :) Okay, maybe not, but I think it looks pretty good, don't you?
6 comments:
Wow, so fun to remember back to the "good old days"....wait, these still ARE the "good old days"! :) Glad you had a good weekend! I especially miss Tim this weekend since it's Conference. Love you guys!
ps....if you don't know salar, delete the post, there have been lots of scam's lately....you probably already know this and just haven't read these comments yet:)
I laughed so hard when reading about your three years ago!! Love it! I also didn't know you and Adam went ring shopping two days after he got home...way to go!!
I admit, I skimmed. I read from Russia to now, though, so that's pretty good. NICE HAIRCUT! Welcome to the world of wife hairstylists. Jason will be getting the same haircut for the rest of his life.
Loved your thougths and memories. Loved seeing Cameron, Loved seeing the great hair cut!!! Thankd for taking the time for it all.
nice hair cut. funny looking guy.
I loved reading this! I did not know the whole thing about Adam Mills, how funny! I agree...it feels like I'm just turning 20 or something. That is awesome you guys went to Russia!
Post a Comment