Our spring here started with a lot of rain. And, I mean
a lot! I guess I didn't really notice that we grew up in a desert until we moved here and saw a
real rain storm - they are insane! Anyway, because of the storms our yard has been very neglected. Every time Adam had time to mow the lawn it was either raining, or still very wet from the last rain. So, our grass was insanely long! Actually, if I'm being honest, I would probably say our
weeds (with a little grass mixed in) were
crazy long! So, Adam and Cameron tackled the job last week - Adam with the real lawn mower and Cameron with the plastic one some friends gave us. :) Because it was so long it took them
two days and something like
6 hours to finish! We didn't keep track of who cut more grass, but Cameron definitely had more fun than Adam did! :) Brooklyn and I, on the other hand, had a great time relaxing on the patio and taking pictures of all the hard work. Anyway, at Ben's request, here are some before and after pictures of our yard. Plus, some during pictures of my
cute boys at work.
Before...these pictures don't do justice to how long it was! In some spots it was seriously like a foot high - past Cameron's knees!

During...
Cameron was so cute following along behind Adam the whole time!
He was so proud of the good job he was doing! :)

After...don't our weeds/grass look nice! :)

We also have a little toad living in our yard. He showed up last summer/fall whenever Adam mowed the lawn. Well, he was still there last week! I hope he never gets eaten by the lawn mower!
8 comments:
What a beautiful yard...oh I wish I had a yard...
Wow! Your grass is so green! I wish mine would look like that! (I get to have the spots the dog kills :) fun huh) It looks great!
wow grass...I sure miss that.
High Fives to the Rudd Men!!! LOOKING GOOD!!!!
Cameron is the cutest boy! We need to get together sometime after these boys are done with finals! -Nikky
wow your grass/weeds look way better than ours. I was going to email you to ask you for the soup recipes but I realized I dont have your email address. Thank you so much for dinner and the birthday gift. I haven't EVER gotten anything from my Visiting teachers for my birthday. Thanks for making me feel special.
jbsayers@netzero.com
thanks again
bets
All we have is weed grass too.
yes we do need together! that would be fun! call me soon! i miss ya 2day! didnt see ya!
Post a Comment