Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Doctor Says...

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

Me: Cameron, we need to hurry and get ready because today we are going to the doctor.
Cameron: The doctor says, 'No more monkeys jumpin' on the bed!' :)

This week I took Cameron and Brooklyn to the doctor for their well checkups - Cameron for his 2 year check, and Brooklyn for her 2 month check. I was terrified to take them in at the same time by myself, especially since they would both be getting shots, but it went pretty well. They are both healthy (except for a nasty cold that Cameron, Adam, and I got this week) and doing great! Here are their stats...

Cameron: 31 lbs (75th percentile)
34 in (5oth percentile)
Brooklyn: 13 lbs (75th percentile)
22.5 in (50th percentile)

Cameron was so cute after getting his shots. To help calm him down I said, "It's okay Cameron, you're done." So, for the rest of the visit he kept saying, "I'm done mom?" Then on the way home he was telling me all about the experience and saying things like, "My skin hurts," and "My skin's done, I don't like it anymore!" :( Poor kid. Brooklyn was such a trooper - she barely cried. She has been a little grumpy for the past few days, but I'm sure she will be back to normal soon! I'm just glad to have that visit over with!


This is how we found our little monkey the other night about an hour after bedtime. His books were all over the room, his bed was a mess, and he was on the floor tucked in nice and cozy under his rug. :)

9 comments:

THE BLAIRS said...

that picture is hillarious! nothing like a car rug for a blanket! made me lol! well your my hero. everytime i think about "how the heck am I going to do anything with two" you go and post something postive. you give me hope. thanks =)

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

Oh my heavens...that is adorable. I love how he talks too, what a cutie! Glad you have healthy kids...such a blessing. Miss you! Today we celebrated Adilyn's b-day since Tim will be gone, I'll post pics. Take care!

Melissa and Nate said...

Shots are the worst! I can't believe you did two kids at once...you're one amazing mama! I'm glad they are both healthy!
On a side note - I would love to take your family pics when you're here in Utah!! It'd be so fun to see you guys. Just let me know when you'll be here and we'll plan on it!

Ambler Fam said...

that is so funny! Cameron is a character!

shhluke said...

Cute! I love seeing the ways they fall asleep every night.

Karen said...

I love the stories! Cute family! Tiff you asked if we use photo shop and we dont. Just a good,fun camera

Jana said...

What a great photo op! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of Cameron. I bet that rug is so warm and comfortable! lol

Moosman Fam said...

That is too cute! Easton just got shots today... as a Mom it is so hard to see your kids in pain! Glad they are doing great now.