Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Welcome to the South!!


Somehow we seem to have brought terrible weather to Memphis! The week we moved in there were record high temperatures and humidity. And now everyone is saying this is the worst storm to hit Memphis in 20 years! Aren't we glad we were here to experience it all?! Luckily Adam had just gotten home when the storm hit, because I was terrified! The storms here are just crazy anyway - we actually love them most of the time, but this one got really scary! The tornado sirens have to be one of the scariest sounds ever, and we were glued to the tv watching the path of the tornado and hearing the damage reports come in! At one point the news predicted that we would be right in the path of the storm, so we had our shoes on, our ID on us, and were ready to hide in the closet! Luckily, the worst of it passed just to the east of us. There was one small tornado that touched down like 5 blocks from us, but we are just fine - no damage here! Thanks everyone for your calls to check on us!

9 comments:

*Katie* said...

Oh my goodness, how scary! I'm glad you're okay!

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

I am so thrilled! How scary for you. We had a tornado hit Del Rio (that NEVER happens!!!) a few days after we brough Adilyn home from the hospital...I was SOO scared, sirens went off and the base kept announcing to seek shelter. We had no idea how close it came to hitting us. Even scarier w/ a newborn. Anyway, SO glad you are safe. I was "freaking out" (as Cam would say) this morning, almost to tears. Love you guys

Karen said...

WOW! We are sooooo glad you are all ok. Jeremy said when he was on his mission, they got quite a few and they were pretty freeky. I'll bet the sirens were a bit eerie. I guess they had a mess in Kentucky to so Peter is ok to.

Karen said...

ps. where was this picture taken from?

Anonymous said...

Scary! We are so glad that you are ok.

Eric and Brynn said...

How scary Tiff! Thank goodness you and your family are all right! What an experience. Awesome photo by the way!

Megan said...

I can't believe it was so close to you guys!! I'm glad you're all right. Ok...so uh, I keep realizing there is so much we need to do to be prepared for something like that. Time to get going!! Every prophet we've ever had didn't keep reminding us for nothing, right?

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds like an intense storm, my mom actually started in Memphis and was taken away by a twister to Kansas....just kidding. Come back to Utah- there's no place like home... ps did you watch the game last night? Go Jazz!!

Dennis Family said...

I cannot even imagine. That would be so scary anytime but as soon as you add helpless children everything is doubled. Happy is even happier and scary is even scarier. I can't imagine trying to explain the sirens to an almost two year old. I am so glad you guys are safe!