I am realizing that there are a lot of things I had forgotten about having a newborn. It seems like I am constantly thinking, "Oh ya, I remember that with Cameron!" Here are just a few for those of you who are preparing for a new little one, and for others to reminisce.
- Panicked Wake-Ups: I have Brooklyn in a bassinet by our bed and feed her in the middle of the night while sitting in bed. Maybe this is a bad idea, because I wake up a few times a night completely panicked that I fell asleep feeding her and didn't finish! I remember doing this with Cameron too. It's funny, because I have never actually fallen asleep feeding either of them, so why am I so worried? Then there are times I wake up just to look over and make sure she is still breathing. I don't think I do this as much as I did with Cameron, but still probably once a night. Adam has even asked me to check a few times.
- Super-Sensitive Hearing: For some reason I think every sound I hear is Brooklyn crying! I can be holding her, hear a little sound, and pause to see if it is her. Am I going crazy? Has this happened to anyone else?
- Starving or Sleepy? Brooklyn is absolutely starving while I am getting her bottle ready, and then as soon as it touches her lips she sacks out on me!! This is especially bad in the evening while I am giving her a bath and getting her ready for bed. So then I get to spend a bunch of time trying to get her to wake up to eat at all!! I still have nightmares from our days/nights trying to get Cameron to stay awake and eat while he was in the NICU! Ugh!
- I had completely forgotten how many diapers a newborn goes through! Especially Brooklyn! For some reason she loves to mess up a newly clean diaper. The other morning she went through 3 in less than 15 minutes!!
- How perfect they are and how quickly you fall in love! :) You can't help but be amazed at all the tiny parts and despite the midnight wakeup call, I absolutely adore my little sweetheart!
Things I didn't know the first time around:
- Newborns are a little bit boring! :) I don't remember thinking this about Cameron at all. But compared to an active and totally entertaining toddler - eating, sleeping, and pooping is not all that exciting! :) Don't get me wrong, I adore Brooklyn and wish she would stay so tiny forever, but I am also excited to one day make her smile and laugh.
- Toddlers will try to put everything in a newborns mouth! Cameron is so sweet to try to share his food with Brooklyn, and yesterday he decided she needed a turn to suck his thumb.
- Newborns taste good. I have heard of other toddlers doing this, but it still surprises me that Cameron licks Brooklyn's head all the time! I've never tried it, but she can't taste that good!
- Two is even more fun than one! Watching Cameron and how much he already loves his baby sister has made it even more special.
7 comments:
Those pictures are so sweet, and two definately is more fun than one! When Annie was about 3 weeks old, I picked her up and goldfish crackers fell out of her mouth. She was even in her cribs! When toddlers get their mind set on something ... they will find a way :) I think it's so funny that he licks her head! I've never heard of that ... but at least he loves her! She's beautiful ... and he looks like such a helper :)
AHH!! YES, I agree and remember all those things...sensitive hearing, thinking I fell asleep w/ her (and I NEVER even fed her in bed, so why would I have fallen asleep w/ her, weird), etc. OK, too funny about the licking and the thumb! Is it crazy, I'm totally baby hungry!! Love the pics, take care! XOXO
Isn't it funny how quickly you forget little things. I think that is great you have taken the time to write them down. I have to agree with the very last one you wrote. Two is better than one.
Those pictures are adorable! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks newborn phase is boring, though. It was fun to read what you forgot, many of them I had already forgotten!
Great message Tiff! I laughed over the licking thing. Brandon licxked Adam's cheek and ears. I have pictures to prove it. It is so heart warming to watch your once single child interact with a new sibling. I am smiling from ear to ear over the pictures. Grandma R.
Cam is a handsome boy, and looks like he belong in the Moosman family. He will be a great Big Brother just like is Dad is. The Fairborn Family is very lucky to have you as members. Keep posting I love knowing what is happening in all areas of our family.
AWW TIFF I HOPE I HAVE A GIRL! YOUR LITTLE BROOKLYN IS SO PRETTY!! I CAN SO SEE WYATT BEING A GREAT BIG BROTHER TO A LITTLE SIS!
I CANT WAIT TO MEET HER, WHEN ARE PLANNING ON COMING BACK TO CHURCH?
I CANT REMEMBER HOW LONG WE STAYED HOME. IT HAS BEEN A WHILE...
I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT IM HAVING, HOPEFULLY OUR BOYS AND GIRLS CAN PLAY TOGETHER AS BUDDIES!
HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.
~KAY
Post a Comment