We are doing great. I have the two greatest kids in the world! Cameron is continuing to learn new things every day and is such a good kid. I was worried that we would be dealing with some jealousy, but as time passes, he seems to like Brooklyn more and more. He is constantly hugging and kissing her and is already trying to teach her things. He always says, "Look baby sister!" and then shows her different things he is doing and eating. Her arrival seems to have made him feel very grown up so I hear, "I do it please!" at least a hundred times a day! :)
Brooklyn is the sweetest little baby! I can't believe she is already a month old. She is growing like a weed, or should I say a flower? She is much prettier than a weed! She hardly cries and although she hasn't been as easy a baby as Cameron was, she is doing great! The best news for mom is that she is now sleeping 8 hours at night!
I am doing good (especially now that the uninterrupted sleep has increased) and feel like the adjustment from one to two hasn't been bad at all. I do have to apologize though, if you feel like I have been avoiding you! I am still adjusting! Just taking care of two kids isn't bad at all. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to take care of two kids and keep the house clean, and make dinner. Now I am working on taking care of two kids, keeping the house clean/making dinner, and giving my sweet and patient husband some attention. I have yet to get the part where I add much personal time! :) So, I know I have been terrible about keeping my phone near me, checking my messages and emails, and returning either!! Don't give up on me! :)
Anyway, nap time for both my sweet kids will be over soon, so I'd better wrap up. I don't have any new pictures to post yet (Sorry grandparents - it's on the to do list! :) but I was thinking of some great books I wanted to share really quick! I am always looking for new ideas and advice, especially when it comes to parenting. I read every book, magazine, and article I can get my hands on! Here are just a few that I think have helped Adam and I out the most.
My sister-in-law recommended this one to us and it is a life changing must-read!! Okay, so that sounds a little dramatic, but it really did change the way Adam and I look at life.

On Becoming Babywise by Gary Ezzo & Robert Bucknam
More than one friend recommended this one when I was pregnant with Cameron and I really feel like it is a big part of why Brooklyn is sleeping so well at night. Cameron is just a good sleeper, and probably would have been fine no matter what we did, but Brooklyn isn't a naturally good sleeper and I think using the advice in this book has made a big difference.

Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood
by Jim and Charles Fay
This is a great book on discipline. I used the Love and Logic ideas in my classroom also. This has been especially helpful as Cameron gets closer to two years old! :)

Parenting the Strong-Willed Child
by Rex Forehand & Nicholas Long
I just recently borrowed this one from a friend (Thanks and sorry I kept it so long Shauna!!) and it also has great advice on discipline. I wouldn't call Cameron strong-willed so I didn't do the "program", but it had all around good advice that I will be using.
The Five Love Languages by Gary ChapmanMy mother-in-law gave us this book for Christmas this year and Adam and I had a great time reading it together. We have such a great relationship, I don't think we really needed much help in this area. But, it was great to understand each other better, to know why what we are doing in our relationship is working, and how to keep it that way in the future.
Anyway, check them out if you want. I like to read everything I can and then take the advice from each that fits my style best! Maybe these will be helpful to some of you too!

4 comments:
I am glad things are going so well. I am always looking for a good book, so thanks for the ideas.
It sounds like you are adjusting nicely. I really hope that Brooklynn keeps sleeping 8 hours for you. Ezra was sooo good for about 3 months. Right now he wakes atleast 2 times a night. (yuck!) I had to read Love and Logic for my degree. I think that book should be a requirement for anyone that has kids. Thanks for the other book recommendations.
I love the Jackrabbit Factor, Babywise and the Five love Languages. They are all amazing and so helpful! I'm so grateful for people who share ideas that can make a difference in life. Tyler usually sleeps between 8-10 hours a night now. It's so amazing!
Babywise is the BEST! Claire has slept through the night EVERY night since 2 months and I know it's because of Babywise. Glad its working for you too. Thanks for passing on the book ideas. I've heard of the Love and Logic book before, but have never read it. I'm excited to give it a try!
Post a Comment