Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Baby Girl Update

pregnancy calendar
I had another Dr. Appointment today to check up on our little girl and everything is going pretty well. She is growing right on schedule and kicking like crazy. Now that I am getting bigger I can tell that I am carrying her lower than I did Cameron, so I am enjoying not having her feet as close to my ribs as his were! :) I have been extremely tired lately, which I chalked up to not sleeping well at night because of the big belly, but found out today that I am a little bit anemic, which I'm sure has been part of it. My mom was not at all surprised because I guess she was anemic during all of her pregnancies. I'll take that from her, since I think the fact that pregnancy is so easy for me in general also came from her. :) Seriously, I can't really complain - for the most part I really enjoy being pregnant (crazy right?) The only bad news I got today was that my blood sugar was a little high. I had the glucose screening where you fast for 12 hours before and then have to spend an hour at the office for the tests. Well, she said it was just barely high enough that I have to go back in for more tests - yuck! This time I have to fast and then be in the office for 3 hours! The hardest part about this pregnancy has been finding babysitters. We are still new here so I hate imposing on all our new friends for all of these appointments. It really makes you miss grandparents! :) Anyway, hopefully the second screening comes out normal. One thing that really hit me today is how fast this pregnancy has gone! I am 29 weeks now and the Dr. said that if I haven't gone into labor already, he would start me a week early - which means this baby will be here in 10 weeks! Maybe that doesn't sound fast to you, but when I think of getting everything ready and preparing myself to be a mom of two - it seems very fast! And, of course, very exciting! Anyway, that is enough of a novel for today. It is 9:00 pm - way past my bedtime! :)

2 comments:

Jana said...

Sorry you have to do that test, I had to as well and it stinks. If you need someone to watch Cameron I'd be glad to help out!

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

OH! I wish so badly I was there, I'd TOTALLY watch Cam! I can't believe how fast it's going by, she'll be here before you know it! YIPEE!!