I wasn't sure who I wanted to tell...a few people because I had to cancel a day of preschool, family, the few people who knew...but of course word spread, and I have to be honest...the 54 new messages in my inbox put a smile on my face. You can't help but feel uplifted by so much love and support! And, as a family, we really can feel all the prayers in our behalf.
So, since I only have short periods of consciousness right now (gotta love that Darvocet!), I thought it would be easiest to answer the questions and concerns in one spot.
We were going to announce we were pregnant on Thanksgiving - 12 weeks...finally done with a very rough first trimester. Instead, on Monday we learned my severe nausea and vomiting were actually symptoms of a Molar Pregnancy (I know, I'd never heard of it either...)
A molar pregnancy — also known as hydatidiform mole — is a tumor that develops in the uterus. A molar pregnancy occurs when the placenta develops into an abnormal mass of cysts rather than becoming a viable pregnancy.
The scariest part right now, is that 20-30% of molar pregnancies also develop a choriocarcinoma - a rapidly growing form of cancer.
I had a D&C yesterday morning and will find out the results of the pathology next week. If the tumor is benign (not cancerous) I will just have a year of monitoring - monthly blood tests to make sure the tissue does not return. If they do find cancerous or pre-cancerous cells, the next step would be chemotherapy.
All of that said, we are doing well. The recovery from the D&C has been a lot easier so far than I expected, I have the greatest husband on the planet - who is taking fantastic care of me and the kids, and wonderful friends and ward members who are rapidly filling our fridge!
Even emotionally I really am okay. I am very disappointed, of course, and sad about the extra year wait to expand our little family...but all I have to do is look at these three...

...and then I remember how truly BLESSED I am.
Thank you again everyone for all the love, support and concern. Keep us in your prayers as we wait for the lab results...I promise I will post when we know more.
20 comments:
Hey Tiff, Glad to hear you are mending ok! Just wanted to wish you well and let you I am excited to see you and hang out in only one more month! SO rest up! ps I had a D&C too after losing a baby so i know how trying that can be! (not the same exactly I know) but still emotional. But we love you and your little family and are excited to be close by again!
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Thanks for putting it out there and letting everyone support you (I know how hard that can be). We will definitely keep you in our prayers. Way to go Adam on taking such good care of you and the kids!
Tiff- We love you so much and are sad that we can not be there to give you a hug but you are in our prayers and we are hoping for good test results! Give the kids a big squeeze for us!
Tiff, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I've recently had two miscarriages - one at 5 weeks, one at 10 weeks. Those were both so incredibly hard on their own, without having all these complications after. You'll be in my prayers. Keep us updated.
I am so sorry! You are an amazing person with a wonderful attitude! My prayers are with you and your adorable family.
Oh Tiff, I'm so sorry! How awful and scary and heart breaking. I wish I was in town to help out. I'll be calling you when we get back. Maybe your kids can come over to play while you rest and recover. We'll be praying for you. Much love!
So sorry Tiff. That really stinks. We'll pray for you, I'm sure your labs will be fine.
LOVE YOU!
Erica
A friend of mine had a molar pregnancy the same time I had my miscarriage. We actually had our D&C's the same day. Everything turned out okay for her and she just had another baby about 6 months ago. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the same outcome. Glad everything else is going okay. Adam's so great. We'll keep y'all in our thoughts and prayers!
Hey Tiff,
You are such a strong woman I know you will be able to handle whatever comes your way. Definitely praying for the best for you and your beautiful family.
Wow, Tiff I am glad to hear you are doing ok going through this rough time! I am so sad to hear about the news. You have always been someone I look up to and have always had a great out look on life and your family. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts & prayers. Love you so much and hope you guys have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. We will miss you. Love ya
I am do sorry for you both that is so scarry and sad I can understand the pain of losing a baby or even a thought of one to some extent my miscarrage is the hardest thing I have even gone through! I will be thinking if u and your family... Good luck it will all work out
Tiffany & Adam - we are so sorry to hear about your loss. That's really rough. I wish that we could bring you cookies. Hope all goes well next week.
Love, The Smith's
OH Tiff! I am so sorry to hear about the trials your family is facing. I wish you lived closer so I could help out. You and your family will definitely be in our prayers.
I can't even begin to imagine what you must be feeling. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We think you and your cute family are wonderful!
Sending you and huge hug and a basketful of well wishes and a heart full of prayers. Take it easy, enjoy your Thanksgiving and know how much I love and admire you! R-
Hey girl, I am glad adam has this week off to help you. But next week I will be back on duty ok? I hope your thanksgiving is a good one, If not we will still have to do one together. Because i am most thankful to have you and your family in my life. I would not survive in Memphis without you. Love ya girl and keep resting up.
Oh my gosh Tiffany, I can't believe what you guys have been through. I'm so very sorry!!! But I'm glad you're doing OK and that you have such a cute family to go through all of this with.
Tiff I had no idea.. I am sorry to hear about this, this is actually almost exactly what happened to me in between Jake and Elly, it totally sucked cause we had already seen the heartbeat and everything. We love you and our thoughts and prayers are with you! Love you guys!!
I am sorry this happened to you!! You are such a positive person and so sweet!!!
We will think positive now!!
Post a Comment