My favorite of all the songs I sing with my preschool kids is a Thanksgiving one. It goes like this...
I'm so glad I'm not a turkey, a turkey, a turkey...
I'm so glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day!
They stuff you and bake you, and then they all taste you!
I'm so glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day!
Just another thing to be thankful for today! :)
I couldn't let this day pass without a quick post about a few of the things I am thankful for. Surprisingly, this difficult week has really reminded me of how very blessed I am. Here, let me prove it...
See this Thanksgiving dinner?
My amazing husband made it all by himself! Yes, he bought the turkey at the Honeybaked Ham Company (yum!)...but he put a tablecloth on the table, put the food in serving dishes and even put the rolls in a basket! If this doesn't say I love you...I don't know what does! Especially when you realize he is also doing everything else around here (he is being very strict about the doctors bed-rest instructions!) Am I a lucky girl or what?!
See these two?
They are healthy and happy and seriously cute...and I get to be their mom! :)
You know what else?
I have...
a loving extended family,
fantastic friends,
knowledge of the gospel,
a competent and caring doctor,
the peace of knowing my Heavenly Father is watching out for me,
a roof over my head,
a warm bed to sleep in,
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream,
...
like I said...
TRULY BLESSED
and
VERY THANKFUL!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!
P.S. For those of you wanting an update: I am doing good. Like I said, Adam is making sure I rest a lot, which has made my recovery very easy. I have had very little pain and a lot of peace of mind concerning the test results. Thanks again for all of your comments - the love and concern means a lot to me!
5 comments:
What a great guy you have! I love you guys, and am thinking of you today.
looks good...but we still have to have our dinner ok? when we have times like this it really makes us love our hubbies even more
OH, Tiffany! I am sorry to hear the scary news. I am hoping that all turns out well and you will be in my thoughts.
Hey Tiff! I first read your "formal announcement" post a couple days ago and seriously couldn't even find words for a comment. I still have no words, but know that our prayers are with you and your fam.
My heart skips a beat over this post!!
Post a Comment