Monday, March 23, 2009

HALLELUJAH

One year and 12 potty training books later
(no I'm not exaggerating...gasp!)
CAMERON IS POTTY TRAINED!!
 
This kid has a serious issue with poop! It took 10 months before he started pooping while awake, another month before he could poop while awake without freaking out, another month to make the transition to the toilet, and a whole lot of patience on his mom's part!

We did a count down chain, made a big deal about using the last diaper, and then had a fun filled "Big Boy Day!" last Monday. Minus 2 hours of crying the fist time he had to poop (it was heart-breaking torture for all of us), he has done great! Not a single accident! 

He has had so much fun playing with the ultimate prize - his race cars and track - that had been gathering dust on his shelf for months! 

After the challenge of potty training Cameron, I got another book recommended by a friend (does that make the count 13!? Gasp again!) and have started getting Brooklyn used to using the potty! :) I know it sounds a little nutty, but she has actually been doing really well. It is very low-stress and I don't expect her to be toddling around in panties any time really soon, but I am hoping it will help make the transition easier!

In the past week I have had 2 full days without changing a single wet or messy diaper!! 

The irony of this is the fact that, due to my couponing, I have a 2 year stock of diapers in Brooklyn's closet (again, not exaggerating!)

:) 

14 comments:

Rudd Senior's said...

HIGH FIVES!!! I am jumping up and down and smiling for all, ya'll!!!

Rudd Senior's said...

That cute picture of Brooklyn looks like one taken for an advertisement. So cute!!!

Chelsea said...

it took me 8 months to get tayler potty trained from 18mon-26 months it was so hard I totally understand the difference was he never pooped in his pants after 19 months it was wetting that took us for ever! but it is nice to have that out of the way and i dread doing it with another boy! this time I'll teach target practice :-)

Brooke Jackson said...

Of course you have have a ton of diapers now that Brooklyn will not be using them. It is one of Murphy's laws. I just got into couponing and it is ADDICTING! I love it though. Our food storage is coming right along :)

Brooke said...

Oh you poor, poor soul!! So when I start having kids, can I just skip the potty training part??

Josh n Betsie said...

I can't even believe I missed this post. YIPPEE!!! We are so excited to go to chuck e cheese. GO CAMERON!

Rachel said...

I'm so happy for you!! That's wonderful! Brooklyn looks adorable on the potty!! :)

Marcia said...

Ok, I've solved the problem with the excess diapers - time for another child to help use them up!!! Cameron sure sounds like his daddy's boy, seems to me I remember Kathy struggling with the SAME issue! Great job Cam, we're proud of you (and Brooklyn too!)

Zach and Nikky said...

That is awesome! I love that you are already potty training Brooklyn! I miss you too! It has been far too long. Hopefully we can get together soon. The boys have just been too busy...grrr!

Karen said...

Way to go. It is always nice to have that part over. I agree with Kathy, the one of Brooklyn looks like an advertisement but it is good practice!

Sharlie and Raynel said...

So happy for you! Nothing is better then finally being done with changing big boy diapers! Lucky you if you can have both kids done!

shhluke said...

I can't even imagine what your life must be like. Maybe you just mention to Hunter next time how Cameron is potty trained and see if it rubs off. We're reading our first book and plan on attempting it in a couple weeks. Wish us luck!

Katie said...

Holy Cow! You just made my day! I LOVED summit and would be so grateful if you would send the principal an e-mail! They have you do your placement file online now, and the principals just pull them from there. Mine is already posted if they are looking to hire!

This post made me smile! She is so tiny, and sitting there with her book – so adorable!

Thank you again!

Katie said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I will make a visit over there and let you know how it goes! You are wonderful!