You are not going to believe what I just did! Hopefully, those of you that know me would say I am a nice/friendly person. Well, apparently not if you cross me at the wrong time...I didn't sleep well last night, had a rough morning with the kids, and took Brooklyn with me to the store to pick up some feminine items (that excuses it all - right?). As we were leaving, a very large woman came up and started talking to me about Brooklyn's weight. This was not "She is so chubby and cute" (I don't mind that at all). It was, "What are you feeding this baby...does she do anything but eat...how about getting her out of this car seat once in a while so she can get some exercise..." I just stood there taking it and getting angrier by the minute!
Her final comment was, "Wow little girl, you are SO FAT!"
Followed by mine, "Brooklyn, say 'Thanks, so are you!' " :)
She gave me a quick "did she just say what I think she said?" look before I turned and walked away. I am feeling very guilty now, but at the time it just felt really good - further proof that I really am not the nice person I thought I was!!
Apparently, you should watch out for me today! :)

17 comments:
It feels so great to say what you want to say at the time but then you do regret it later. That is funny though. Some people just don't get it. Why do they think it is ok to complain/criticize/judge your kids?? That is the one thing that REALLY ticks me off...you don't talk bad about people's kids. Your response was what any parent would have wanted to say.
That story made me laugh out loud! I'm glad you said what you did...she needed to be put in her place! I had people say some of the same things about Claire when she was first born because she had such huge cheeks. I hated it! I wish I'd had to guts to say what you did!
OMGOSH!!!
Tiff YOU are so FUNNY!!!! you go GIRL!!! that is so FUNNY!!! I would have done the same thing! sometimes I cant believe what people will say!!! what ever happened to manners?? and if you cant say anything at all not say ANYTHING at all?? Brooklyn Is beautiful! I enjoyed holding her yesterday and rocking her to sleep!
your blog looks great too!!!
that was if you cant say anything NICE... don't say anything at all!!!hehe
GO GIRL!!
i know the feeling Brooklyn don't feel bad, at least she wasn't called the BLUEBERRY GIRL OFF OF WILLY WONKA!
i posted a blog about that, but i would of done the same thing if someone was picking on my Child! And the nerve of that woman! i am glad u put her in her place!
Dont mess with MAMA BEARS now!
That is great. I would have thought it but not said it. You ARE AWESOME! Plus brooklyn is just a baby. Be grateful she is chubby and cute. Im trying to get my girls to look like that. Do you think it will ever happen? I can't believe how cute she is...you are very lucky and YOU GO GIRL!
I think I'll keep my distance today.... :) What a great story. I wonder what that lady thought afterwards. Very quick-witted Tiff, good work!
LOVE IT!!! I think people like that NEED a little kick in the pants every once in a while! Good job girl!
Good for you :) Sometimes people need to be put in their plus. Plus, you made me laugh (which kind of excuses it!) I would've done the same thing! Don't mess with a mama's babies!
HA HA HA!! That is AWESOME! Tiffany, don't feel bad, she totally deserved it.
Sometimes things like that just need to be said. Don't beat yourself up for it ... we all know how nice you really are. Way to go!
I'm glad you said that!! You have every right!! How rude of that lady!!!
HA HA HA HA--she totally deserved that comment. Who did she think she was? Good for you!
Way to go Tiff! That is hilarious, you totally made my day. I'm constantly getting the fat comments about my chubby girl... I'll have to remember this one!
That is just too funny!! I am dying laughing right now.
That was SO funny. My only regret is that I didn't read this sooner! Haha! I'm sure the woman will think twice next time, and I wouldn't feel too bad.
That is hilarious! I cant believe someone would say that! Well maybe that lady will think twice about passing judgment again! PS TESSA LOVES PRESCHOOL! She talked about it all day when she came home and then all day yesterday! She is so excited to go to preschool!
Post a Comment