Friday, July 25, 2008

Slow Down...PLEASE!!

I feel like life is rushing past me way too fast and I just want to slow it down, keep my kids just the way they are right now and enjoy every minute! We have been rushing from activity to activity, project to project...and all of a sudden the summer is almost over and my baby is 6 MONTHS OLD!! When did this happen?

I wanted to get a picture of her adorable chunk, but it ended up being pretty tricky...the flash would startle her and so she tipped over every time! :)

Anyway, Brooklyn had her six month appointment last week and completely shocked us with her stats...

Weight: 19.5 lbs - 95th percentile...okay,
no surprise there :)

Height: 27 in - 90th percentile!!!


She has two shorties for parents, and a brother who finally went from the 2oth percentile in height to the 50th...and she is in the 90th percentile for her height! We are so proud! :)

She is rolling both ways, sitting up pretty well, and can even get around a little just by wiggling and scooting - I have found her is some pretty funny positions in her crib in the morning and she entertained everyone in Sunday School last week by trying to wiggle out the bottom of her car seat (she would have made it too, if dad hadn't stopped her!) She also gives the greatest open-mouthed kisses!

More importantly though...she is the sweetest, happiest baby on the planet! She is so easy-going and always smiling and laughing! She didn't even cry when she got her shots - no kidding, she barely let out a whimper and then was fine! I don't know what I did to deserve such a sweetie, but I am definitely going to keep her!!

11 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

She is so cute. She is always good for entertaining on sunday. How can you not smile at her?

Jessica said...

Oh I just want to squeeze the chunky legs!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rolly polly girls! She is beautiful!

The Coleman Family said...

she is so cute! i would love to have a mellow baby like her! i love that dress she wore today!
we have such cute little girls in this ward!
loves
kay

Zach and Nikky said...

Brooklyn is so adorable! You guys have the cutest kids.

Rudd Senior's said...

That Brooklyn is a sweet beautiful baby girl. We miss her so much!!

Karen said...

Tiff that was fun to read! She is growing so fast. Its fun for us to see her grow and Cameron to. I'm afraid Adam is done growing though. She is a sweetie pie and a cute one at that.

Dennis Family said...

She is adorable! It is true, they grow up way to fast!

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
Ahh she is so Beautiful! I remember waiting chomping at the bit to hold her! I did not know you that well when she was born,, so i waited and waited...... and one Sunday saw Adam in the hall and said forget i HAVE to hold this cute little girl!!! She is so precious! she smiled up at me and i remember thinking ahh I want a baby girl so bad! that got the baby juices going! and I am not sure yet if I am or not 3 days late... we will see??

The Coleman Family said...

i can not wait until friday! going to be so much fun! So i offered to drive, so i will come get you and then we will go get christine!
i think we said 8:30?? i will make sure though!
See ya soon!
cant wait!

Shannon said...

Thanks! Even though i like your heading better!
Brooklyn is so cute!!!
Are you excited for Breaking Dawn or what!?!?
-Shannon
(your absolute favorite niece ever!!!)

shhluke said...

How can she be sitting up already? Wasn't she just born. I wish they could stay newborns forever.