Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Camen Wudd"

I hope you don't mind if I take a few minutes to talk about my favorite 2 year old.

Cameron is the funnest little boy on the planet! He is such a comedian and storyteller these days - he constantly has us laughing. Here are some of my favorites lately...

  • He has started to pray mostly on his own. The other night Adam and I were holding back our laughter when his first prayer went like this, "Dear Heavenly Father, In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." After we reminded him to say thank you and ask for blessing in the middle he came up with this, "Heavenly Father, thank you for Santa Clause, my friends, and Christopher Robin. Bless I wont be scared of the thunder. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." He had played with friends and watched Winnie the Pooh that day, but there was no thunder. :)
  • Ever since Adam and I introduced Cameron to our favorite classic Winnie the Pooh movie, he constantly says, "Oh dear!" just like Piglet, and "I don't like honey!" like Tigger. :)
  • Cameron has started to translate Brooklyn's baby talk for us. While she is babbling away he will tell us, "She said Cameron (or Mom or Dad)" or "She said she likes it." It makes you wonder if they really know a language we can't understand! :)
  • Everything is "so funny!" to Cameron. He constantly says, "I so funny," or "that's so funny!" The other day when we were building the swingset he was playing with the ladder that was put together but not hooked to anything yet. I heard him crying and looked over to find him under it. I went over and held him and after just a second he said through his tears, "That tip over on me and bonk my head. That so funny!" He was smiling and trying to laugh with tears still coming down his face!
  • The other night in the car Adam and I were chatting and Cameron said in his very stern voice, "No more talking I said!!" Then yesterday we were outside and we were discussing something and Adam was pushing Cameron on the swing when Cameron said, "No more talking to mom, dad!" In other words, "pay attention to me! :)"
  • When I ask Cameron what he wants to eat, I will usually give him a few choices. So now, when he is hungry or thirsty he comes to me with a list..."I want milk, and juice, and water." or "I want yogurt, and oatmeal, and sandwich, and crackers."
  • One of my favorite Cameron sayings is "I need to want to..." When he wants anything it always starts with this. "Mom, I need to want to play outside," or "I need to want to watch a show." How can you possibly say no when he needs to want something! :)
Isn't it great to constantly have entertainment around!? When we laugh at anything he does, he tries it a few more times and laughs with us. I'm just waiting for the day we get the first call from a teacher telling us he is disrupting class - trying to get the other kids to laugh! I sure do love my little class clown!

Here he is swinging upside down, "Like a monkey in the tree!" It looks like he is screaming, but don't worry - he was laughing!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, bless his little Camen Wudd heart! I can't wait to hear him in person! He is such a little cutie and I get a kick out of him.

Erica said...

What a fun boy! Those are great stories. Thanks for sharing. I too remember when Isaac first started praying on his own. I was stuck somewhere in between laughter and tears. So cute!

Melissa and Nate said...

That post is hilarious! Camen is a little sweetheart! It makes me so excited for the day that Claire's talking makes sense. What a cutie!

Rudd Senior's said...

We need to, want to be with buddy and sis and mom and dad again soon!!!! Don't forget to record thoes funny things in your Grandma's black book. I just read in mine the other day when Cameron plopped that potato bug right into his mouth and started to cry when I exclamied shock!!! OH, SO CUTE!!

Dennis Family said...

That is adorable!! I love that he is translating for Brooklyn. Somedays I really wonder if Aaron and Cameron do know more than I think. So Cute!!

The Coleman Family said...

Thanks buddy! i am so glad it is over until i have to d it again in June!!
But everyone said i did really well!
it was just nerve recking i am just glad i did not have to look at the people!
i wish you could of been there!
call me sometime this week i would love to hang out. and maybe you can show me how to make those headbands.

*Katie* said...

I love him! He's so darling! Looks JUST like Adam, and what a funny little personality! He'll keep you on your toes :)

Rudd Senior's said...

I am so happy Cameron loves the old Winnie The Pooh. I always wished Adam could have a child just like he was. Never ending fun and adventures and he loved all the coolest things even,Pooh!

Zach and Nikky said...

It's true-Cameron is very entertaining! We had so much fun with you guys on Saturday! Thanks again for inviting us. We definitely need to do that again. We loved Killer Bunnies...ha ha!

Megan said...

What a cute little boy! I love reading about the cute things kids say! I'm so excited for Ty to start talking!