Tuesday, December 18, 2007

On being parents...

CAMERON ADAM RUDD

A few days before our lives changed forever.

Five days old. Was he really ever that tiny?

Have you ever seen such a cute and chubby baby?

I can't believe my baby is such a big boy!

Recently quite a few of our friends have announced that they will be having their first child. With that and of course our little girl joining us soon, I have been reminiscing a lot about the arrival of Cameron and the past two years. I was looking back at old pictures and just had to share - I am just so proud of my cute little boy! Being parents is absolutely the greatest blessing and we have enjoyed it so much!! And, as much fun as Cameron was at all these stages – Adam and I have been commenting a lot lately about how it just gets funner!

Cameron does/learns new things every day right now and it is so much fun to watch! Our favorite right now is his developing sense of humor. He is constantly saying, “That’s funny!” and he is always trying to make us laugh. The other day he was watching Sesame Street while I got ready and I heard him laughing so loud I had to go in and check it out. When I asked him what was so funny he said, “Noodle so funny!” Apparently he finds the character Mr. Noodle absolutely hilarious. Yesterday when we picked him up from nursery he had quite a list to share of all the great things he did and then started chuckling to himself and said, “Bubbles funny!” (They ended nursery by blowing bubbles.) This age is just too much fun!

Anyway, enough mom rambling! All you soon to be parents out there…get excited! The challenging/hard stuff is a small part and the fun stuff just gets better and better!

5 comments:

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

I love it! How funny and cute he is. I agree, Adilyn is doing/learning new things and I get so much joy out of watching it. I'm so thrilled you'll have a little girl to go with your darling little boy!

Erica said...

What a sweet post. He really was a cute, chubby baby. I think he looked like a "who" from "whooville" with those big round blue eyes.

Brooke said...

SO fun! But wait till you have 2!!

Anonymous said...

Grandama Rudd chimimg in....
I have never heard a little child giggle so much as Cameron does. HE has a happy spirit. He will be a great big brother!

Megan said...

Sooo cute! I'm excited to see Tyler as he changes and grows and learns new things. So actually I have the Babywise book and read it before he was born and it IS great! Ty really is doing very well at night!