Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TWO!?

I almost have a tear in my eye as I type it...
MY BABY GIRL IS TWO!
I am somehow always sad and excited at the same time as I watch my kids grow up!

Brooklyn is two today and so far from terrible it is ridiculous! She is shy and sweet and girly and giggly and so very much fun! She will show your her "attitude" (arms folded, lips pursed) any time you ask...but it is always followed by her little giggles. Really, this girl is a dream!

Our wonderful day started when we heard this over the monitors...
Cameron (Yelling): "Mom and Dad - it is Brooklyn's Birthday...come get us NOW!"
Brooklyn (Always the Mimic): NOW!
Cameron: Good Job Brooklyn!
All we could do is laugh! :)

Some facts about my incredible two year old...
NICKNAMES: Baby Girl or Little Sister

BEST FRIEND: Definitely her brother! She is always ready to play anything he wants and will follow him anywhere, even when he plays a little rough!

FAVORITE COLOR: "Puple" - her favorite pacifier is this color! Yes, she still has a pacifier but only to go to bed...I don't care if you think she is too old! :)

FAVORITE FOOD: She will eat anything, but she loves blender wheat pancakes and bananas.

PERSONALITY: Shy, sweet, and a little sassy! Even though she is shy, she is great at being babysat and going to nursery...rarely a tear! I love this!

FAVORITE THING TO DO: Definitely wrestling with her Daddy - she gets right in there with the boys, she also loves dancing and taking care of her babies.

TALENT: Speaking French! Or at least that is what it sounds like sometimes. She talks a lot, just half the time in her own language! Luckily I have been able to learn a good portion of this language. The worrier in me is trying not to stress over this!

Here are some pictures of the day! Sorry there are so many - a bunch of them I had to include just for her facial expressions and reactions! She even does the goofy "say cheese" face now! :)

It was a wonderful day including...
*A lot of "Ohh and Ahh" during present opening!
*Taking care of baby and braking in her new diaper bag - she filled it herself...diapers, new burp cloth, and even her cell phone! :)
*Trying out the new bike! No she can't peddle yet, but Cameron had a great time pushing her around!
*Lots of time as a family!!
Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!
We Love You!!

8 comments:

We're the Hamilton's said...

Two already!!! Wow, time goes by way to fast! Glad to see she had a great birthday and such fun celebrating it.

Ambler Fam said...

So fun! She is so stinkin cute!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

Happy Birthday to your cute little Girl! I totally feel the same way, a little bitter sweet why do they have to grow up!

Josh n Betsie said...

Happy LATE birthday my cute little friend. We love you

Rudd Senior's said...

YEAH FOR BABY GIRL!!!!!!
SO SWEET!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Dennis Family said...

I can't believe your baby is two!! It truly feels like you had her maybe a year ago! She is so stinking cute! Happy Birthday!

Moosman Fam said...

Sooo cute!! What a fun birthday! Awesome family, too! Love ya's!!!

The Coleman Family said...

i can not believe she is 2!! She is a adorable little girl!! I love the full on kiss pic!! that is priceless keep that for when they get in fights later!! looked like a great party!