I am constantly on the lookout for ways to be healthier (a trait I inherited from my dad - thanks dad!), but also enjoy good tasting food (this one came from my husband! :) This desire has increased even more since having kids and realizing I am also in charge of teaching them how to care for their bodies. So, I was excited when my brother and sister-in-law introduced me to spinach smoothies - and even more excited to discover that my kids love them! Spinach is so incredibly good for you and although Cameron is great at eating all veggies, I am having to work a little harder with Brooklyn.
So, are you all ready to give it a try? No, really, I promise it tastes good . . . I know you don't believe me, but you really should just try . . . you'll be very surprised!
Baby Spinach Stacked to the top of the blender - I love to just pile it in - SO good for you!
1/2 Can of Pineapple
1 Bananna
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Ice (I usually freeze the pineapple and skip the ice)
YUMMY
Oh, and the best news? I finally talked Adam into trying one this morning and he loved it!! I told you babe!
P.S. I just have to add one more thing . . . I made and ate FISH!! Adam and I both hate fish, but in a effort to get the health benefits, we have decided to cook fish for dinner a few times a month at least. Here was our first attempt - Grilled Tilapia with a Strawberry Salsa! It was surprisingly yummy. Yeah for us! :)
Here is the proof!
I also made Baked Sweet Potato Fries to go along with it. Delish!
11 comments:
You have inspired me! I am the same with always looking for health benefits, and spinach is plentiful right now, but I HATE cooked spinach, and salads get old. I am trying this one ASAP! Thanks for the idea!
I have to say...looks pretty gros! But, I will for sure try it. I like everything in it but...I just don't know about having them all combined. I will let you know what we think ;)As far as fish. I was the same way, hated it, until I tried Salmon cooked with lemon. OH MAN, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. We buy it at Sam's club and it is delicious.
you are so great :0)
I am so excited to try this new smoothie! I am starting to get on a "eat healthier" track and I am so excited to see a few new ideas!!!
We will definitely try this!
Oops, that was me, Jana. Haha.
We love smoothies around here, so we will have to give this a try. If you want a good fish recipe, try salmon in a zip 'n steam bag. We use orange zest, oj, and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!
Haha, this was funny. I'm totally wish you, I love those kind of drinks! You need to look into doing wheatgrass too!...if you haven't already heard of the benefits, you should look it up, it's pretty crazy. We even have a sprouter and wheatgrass juicer. =0)
sorry, meant "with" not wish
Sick!!! I will never try that!!!
You did it!!! Way to go! The more you eat it the more you'll love it.
Post a Comment