Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Historic Day

No, not the election...although I guess that is important too. :)
Today is our FIVE year anniversary! Here is the history in numbers...

Something like EIGHTEEN years ago our ward boundaries changed and we met in primary. Adam told his mom after church that he thought the new girl was cute! 

Meant to be together from the beginning :)

About SIX years later in Jr. High we became good friends - lots of flirting.

Almost exactly TEN years ago - I turned 16 first then asked Adam on his first date! Poor boys...we sent them all around town on a scavenger hunt and even made them dress up (see picture)!! 
In case you were wondering...No kissing on the first date! :)

ONE very long year later (what a chicken!:) we finally had our first kiss...after at least 5 missed perfect opportunities on a great date, he kissed me in his parents garage - somehow it still felt perfect! :)

And then for the very important TWOs...

TWO long, but wonderful years apart - Adam serving in Russia and me coaching figure skating in Logan.

TWO days after he got home from his mission, he asked me to go ring shopping!

TWO weeks later we were engaged.

TWO months later we were sealed for eternity. It was the perfect day - I wouldn't have changed a thing!
Now TWO wonderful children later...there is no one I would rather spend my time with! Absolutely, ONE HUNDRED percent true love!

I want you for always -
days
years
eternities.
-Robert Schumann

16 comments:

Erica said...

Very cute! Happy Anniversary.

Josh n Betsie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You guys are so cute

Brooke Jackson said...

Happy Anniversary. Its amazing how fast the time goes by!

Kel said...

Oh the memories! Happy Anniversary.

Melissa and Nate said...

Congrats you two! Loved the history and flashback pic!

Karen said...

Congrats- that was a nice anniversary tribute! I LOVE the potatoe heads costume. It has been so fun to see all the different and cute costumes! Way to go on the cute kids, happy marriage, and sweet costumes!

C C & R said...

Happy Anniversary!

Eric and Rachel said...

Oh my! How I remember those wonderful times 5 years ago! I wish you still were just down the hall from me and we could just chat it up like we used to...before we both got married and all grown up! :) I'm so happy for you and all you have with Adam. I also love your quote, nobody says it better than a Schumann! :) Loves, R-

Jessica said...

What a cute and fun journey you've had together. It's been obvious from early on that you two were meant for eachother :)

Camille said...

I had so much fun at your reception that night! Crazy how time flies! Congrats... by the way, is your photographer someone from school? She did Kelly's pictures too, so I wondered.

Anonymous said...

OOOHH that was very SWEET! you guys make a PERFECT couple and have the cutest kids! I am so happy we are friends! love you guys! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! hope Friday goes GREAT;) time to break the seal on that deal from Walgreens!! ;)

Zach and Nikky said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I love your story!

Dennis Tribe said...

so cute! I had no idea you got engaged two weeks after he got home. That is awesome! I loved the adorable story. Happy Anniversary!!

The Coleman Family said...

Aww so cute!! happy anniversary!!! i think it is so cool that our story is similar!
you are such a pretty bride! man i wish i had your smile!

Brooke said...

I didn't know you met clear back in primary, how cute! And those wedding pictures of you guys are GORGEOUS! I remember being SOOO jealous of you two at your reception!! Little did I know we would be engaged about 20 days later. But still, back then those things felt like years of waiting... Congratulations on the 5 years!

Rudd Senior's said...

I LOVED THIS POST!!!! I HAVE READ IT MANY TIMES OVER. IT MEANS THE WOLRD TO ME....JUST LIKE YOU TWO DO!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!