Of course, I couldn't possibly do a little bit of sewing for fun! I somehow decided to sew a million things in just two days! One day I really am going to fix that character flaw! :)
Anyway, my first project was this Sunday bag and crayon roll for Cameron. My diaper bag is always so full of things to keep him occupied in Sacrament meeting - and then I carry it all with me through the rest of the meetings wishing I could just go dump it all in the car. So, that is the plan with this new bag. The material is a little funky for church, but Adam wouldn't stand for anything girly! :)
I thought this crayon roll was such a cute way to keep your crayons together and not in a million pieces! It was a pretty quick and easy project!
Then, I found the cutest fabric for so cheap - I just had to do one for Brooklyn too! I revamped the bag for more of a diaper bag for her, and also made her a crayon roll. It is still empty - since she doesn't actually color yet, but one day! :)
I did a ton of pockets in this one - perfect sizes for all my junk! :)
I also sewed a few easy costumes for the kids...no pictures of those yet, I don't want to ruin the Halloween surprise! :)
I found the ideas/instructions for the bag and crayon roll here. I changed some things, so if you want to give either of the projects a try, talk to me first and I'll let you in on what I learned!
10 comments:
Holy Cow!! You amaze me! If I had two days off of work I wouldn't be motivated enough to get out the good old sewing machine. Good for you! Those bags are adorable!! I totally know what you mean about wanting to drop have the stuff off. What a cute idea to be able to do that. I am excited to see your Halloween costumes...what a good mommy!!
good job those are awesome!! Send me some instructions!
That is SO awesome! YOu are AMAZING!
You are such a talented soul! Those are very cute. I can't believe you just "whipped them up"!
Wow!! You're amazing! Something like that would probably be a month long project for me! Way to go!
Umm, hello! These are so cute! I wish I knew how to sew... I'm excited to see the costumes. By the way, I love your post your son being in preschool all day and about your sister's book!
Ya SUPER WOMAN!!!! I love those I need THEM!!! I want THEM MUST HAVE THEM!!! Seriously Tiff you amaze me!!! I am so glad we are friends!
Those look great! I'm going to make one for my niece for Christmas and looking over the tutorial think I should be able to handle it. Any tips? I kind of like how you attached the straps on Brooklyn's bag - any tips there? can e-mail me at brookefreebairn {at} gmail {dot} com. Thanks!
Tiff- I am so proud of you!!!!!! Whatever you do is tops!!! I absoutly love the bags!!!!! I also love our latest letter !! BIg thanks!!! Love you!!
Those bags are stinkin cute! I love that crayon roll, what a great idea! I could never sew like that in a million years. Give me some paper and glue and I might be able to come up with something.... Maybe I'll just have to start dropping hints to my mom or something. Oh, and I love love love Brooklyn's fabric. You are awesome, Tiff!
Post a Comment