Friday, September 26, 2008

Do I really sound like that?

Have you ever heard yourself through your toddler? Sadly, it seems to happen a lot at our house. It is completely hilarious and totally sad! I keep thinking, "Do I really sound like that?" I wish I could have captured these on video, the tone and inflection make all the difference...

Cameron: "Now Brooklyn, hold this bottle and don't drop it."
Brooklyn drops the bottle...
Cameron: "Brooklyn, No!"
Obviously disobedient Brooklyn drops the bottle again...
Cameron: "Brooklyn, when I say no you listen to me!" (So Adam! :)

Cameron and I grocery shopping...
Cameron: "Mom, I want to go home"
Me: "I know Cameron, I just have to get a few more things"
Cameron: "Ugh...I'm so sick of this!!" (That one is totally Me!) 

Today during preschool, the girls were playing house. I just had to sit back and laugh because I think I saw a glimpse of their moms...

Amzie was walking around talking on the play phone, when Summer came up to ask her something. She covered the phone with her hand, looked exasperated and said, "I'm on the phone!" (I wish you could hear her - so funny!)

Alli: "Sam, I have asked you THREE times to sit at the table for dinner!" 

Although, I can't imagine either of these moms ever getting upset! It must be the dads! :) 

8 comments:

Dennis Family said...

That is so funny!! I guess in some way we all turn into our mothers!

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

Oh, that makes me laugh! I've noticed Adilyn keeps saying "top it"...meaning, stop it! I say that to her and the dogs all the time. If I'm putting her to bed and she heard the dogs bark, she sits up, looks at the door and keeps saying, "no, top it". Crazy funny!

Anonymous said...

OK that is so stinking FUNNY!! I am glad 2 of those conversations involve my kids! at leasr they we not the ones talking!!! haha

Josh n Betsie said...

too cute! I totally understand because jadon has been doing that alot lately. Like telling josiah he to be quiet because it is making his head hurt. Oh boys! Im sure the girls will be even more fun eh?

The Coleman Family said...

That is too funny!! i know where summer gets that for sure!! One day my child will say more than chanting my name every five seconds!
cant wait until he has preschool!

THE BLAIRS said...

Great. i wonder what Tessa says about me-behind closed doors! "child of the corn" and "Your driving me nuts!" =)

you probably have no idea what i am taking about with "children of the corn"?? maybe Adam does?

Marlena said...

um...yeah, that MUST be J.Paul Amzie is imitating...

Brooke said...

How funny!! I was just talking about this earlier today with my aunt and her 4 year old. You need to post more by the way!